Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Midweek Moment

Are you rested? Have you had the time to recuperate from all the busyness that is Easter? Have you had the time to reflect upon what you experienced during this Lenten season? That is what I have been trying to do these last several days.

It is no secret that Easter is the high point of our Christian year. It is the day we use to lift up the gift given to us, the victory bestowed upon us, through Christ offering himself up on the cross. It is the day that death is defeated for all time. There are so many emotions, so many thoughts that have been circulating in my mind centering on this season.

I think back to the Jews for Jesus presentation we hosted, “Christ in the Passover”. To see how this ancient Jewish meal is prepared and served, to understand that God ordained this meal, and to see how He wove Jesus Christ as the Messiah into the very fabric of that celebration, was awe inspiring.

I think back to the incredibly moving Easter Tableau that was portrayed here on our campus. Over 600 people witnessed those scenes of Christ’s last hours and over 30 of them stopped for Holy Communion. The stories that were shared with me not only by this congregation as they experienced those nights, but also from the community at large, gave my goose bumps, goose bumps.

Then to top it all off, was our celebration on Sunday morning. The shroud on the cross in the parking lot, the flowers that overflowed on the living cross in front of the Sanctuary, the ringing of the bells, and the energy and movement of the Holy Spirit as so many of us gathered together, was exhilarating!

I am still processing all of my emotions from this Lenten season and I hope you are too. I pray that you were moved, that your relationship with God was deepened, and that your walk with Christ was strengthened. I pray that as we continue to live our lives as Easter people, as we continue to hear God call our names, we will continue to be those vital Kingdom builders we were all created to be!

Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment