1. Preaching Series - This Sunday we are continuing our preaching series entitled, Ashes to Fire, which we are doing in conjunction with Belleview UMC. Ashes to Fire is an intentional journey with Jesus from Ash Wednesday through Holy Week and Easter and on to Pentecost Sunday - from penitence to praise to power. This Sunday we will look to the importance of both evangelism and love for other people as complimentary aspects of church life. I pray this time of reflection will be one that will draw you deeper into your faith journey as we look to the life of Christ and example of love that he modeled for us. I encourage you to invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. New Bible Study - Grace. We talk as though we understand the term. The bank gives us a grace period. The seedy politician falls from grace. Musicians speak of a grace note. We describe an actress as gracious, a dancer as graceful. We use the word for hospitals, baby girls, kings, and premeal prayers. We talk as though we know what grace means.
But do we really understand it? Have we settled for wimpy grace? It politely occupies a phrase in a hymn, fits nicely on a church sign. Never causes trouble or demands a response. When asked, “Do you believe in grace?” who could say no?
Max Lucado asks a deeper question: Have you been changed by grace? Shaped by grace? Strengthened by grace? Emboldened by grace? Softened by grace? Snatched by the nape of your neck and shaken to your senses by grace? God’s grace has a drenching about it. A wildness about it. A white-water, riptide, turn-you-upside-downness about it. Grace comes after you. It rewires you. From insecure to God secure. From regret riddled to better-because-of-it. From afraid to die to ready to fly. Grace is the voice that calls us to change and then gives us the power to pull it off.
Let’s make certain grace gets you. Join us beginning April 25th, as we dive into God's grace and seek to understand the power that lies within. We will meet on Thursdays at 10:30am and 7:00pm in the Fellowship Hall. For more details or to register, please visit our website by clicking here, or fill out the form in this Sunday's bulletin. I hope you will make plans to come as we make certain grace gets you!
3. Ocala Health and Rehab - This Sunday is our week to go and minister to the residents of Ocala Health and Rehab. I want to extend an invitation to all of you to come and join us, Sunday at 2pm. Ocala Health and Rehab is located just down the street from the church on the corner of Lake Weir Road and SE 24th Road. We begin with a few hymns, I give a brief devotion, and we wrap it up with a few more hymns and a prayer. It is a wonderful time of fellowship and spreading the love of Christ. I am sure you will enjoy it and be glad you participated! I hope to see you there!
4. May Newsletter Articles - If you have any information that you would like to have included in the May Newsletter, please be sure to have it into the church office by
this Sunday, April 21st. You may write it up or type it up and drop it
off, or email it by clicking here. Thanks for your help in making our Newsletter diverse and full of great information.
5. Thank You!! - From the bottom of our hearts and from the depths of our souls, Debbie and I want to say thank you for the amazing "Toddler Shower" you gave us this past Wednesday. While I was out of town and not able to attend, I have been able to look through the pictures, hear a few stories, and see the fantastic gifts you gave. We are so moved by the love you showed, the time you spent, and the support you have given us. We are so blessed to be a part of this family and to make you all a part of ours. Thank you!!!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!