2. Church Has Left the Building - We are taking another step in our outreach ministry on April 26th as we host a Church Has Left the Building Event. Instead of gathering for a worship service, we will go out and serve instead.
There are several opportunities for you to sign up as a volunteer:
- Arnette House - cleaning up overgrown landscaping
- InterFaith - room makeovers (This option is full)
- Ocala Health & Rehab - singing and serving Communion to the residents
- Women's Domestic Violence Shelter - have a party with the children (Women volunteers only, please)
- Pack hygiene kits here in Fellowship Hall
3. FAD Night - FAD (Faith and Discipleship) Night is in full swing and we would love to have you be a part of this time of fellowship! FAD Night is a time for us to share a simple meal together and then break off into our groups; children, youth, and adults.
FAD Night runs each Thursday from 5:30pm-7:30pm. To RSVP for FAD Night, so our wonderful cooks can plan, please call the church office, sign up at the Connection Table, or email the office by clicking here.
4. Bible Study - As FAD Night has started again, so has another Bible Study opportunity as we go Scriptural once again with the Immersion study of the Book of Acts. Journey inside the pages of Scripture to meet a personal God who enters individual lives and begins a creative work from the inside out. For those unfamiliar with Immersion Studies, they are shaped with the individual in mind. Immersion encourages simultaneous engagement both with the Word of God and with the God of the Word to help you become a new creation in Christ. Immersion, inspired by a fresh translation--the Common English Bible--stands firmly on Scripture and helps readers explore the emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of their personal faith. More importantly, you’ll be able to discover God’s revelation through readings and reflections. This will be a continuation of the study we began in February as we will begin with chapter six in the book.
This class will be offered each Thursday at 10am and again in the evening as part of our FAD night, in the Fellowship Hall, and will run till April 30th. I hope you all will take advantage of this opportunity to come and be immersed in the Word of God!
5. Stop Hunger Now - As a response to us meeting our Advent Conspiracy Challenge in 2014 we are going to participate with Stop Hunger Now and hold a meal packaging event here at Druid Hills. We have set up Saturday, June 6th, from 9am-12pm as our time and day for this event. We will circulate signup sheets soon for you to register and claim your spot. We will package around 10,000 meals for starving children around the world and we need your help to make this happen. Besides, it is a whole lot of fun! Be on the look out for the sign up sheets and get involved!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!