1. Preaching Series - This Sunday as we celebrate Palm Sunday, we are continuing our preaching series entitled, Ashes to Fire, which we are doing in conjunction with Belleview UMC. Ashes to Fire is an intentional journey with Jesus from Ash Wednesday through Holy Week and Easter and on to Pentecost Sunday - from penitence to praise to power. This Sunday we will seek to understand the relationship we should strive for with our Lord, Jesus Christ. I pray this time of reflection will be one that will draw you deeper into your faith journey as we look to the life of Christ and example of love that he modeled for us. I encourage you to invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. Easter Tableau - Our Annual Easter Tableau, our gift to this community, is right around the corner. On Thursday, March 28 and Friday, March 29, we will give the people of Ocala the opportunity to witness and relive for themselves the last week of Christ's life here on Earth. In order to make this a reality, we need your help. There are sign-up sheets on the Connection Station for you to volunteer in a myriad of ways. You can volunteer for things such as portraying a character in one of the scenes, to scene set-up, costumes, make-up, sound, or lighting. We still have many places for willing hands and we need yours! Please be in prayer for a successful 2013 Easter Tableau. If you have any questions, please contact Eunice Reid. Thank You!
3. Easter Morning - This year on Easter Sunday Morning we will continue two of our traditions, the Easter Bells and the Flower Cross, and we need your help. We are asking you to bring bells to worship so we can ring them together in celebration of our Risen Savior and we are asking you to bring flowers, fresh or artificial, to decorate the cross in front of the Sanctuary. Thank you in advance for helping to make this Easter a truly wonderful worship experience!
4. Church Directory - We are in the process of updating our church directory. In both this Sunday's bulletin and in our church newsletter, you will find a form that we are asking you to fill out, if you are not in the current directory and would like to be in this one, or if any of your information has changed since the last directory. We are asking these forms be turned into the church office, or dropped in the offering plate, by April 14th. We need you to make our directory complete!
5. Community Event - This Sunday, March 24, Little Chapel UMC is hosting their annual Women's Day Celebration. At 4:00 P.M. on their campus, 2371 SE 73rd St, Melissa Gardner from Shores Baptist Worship Center will come and share with those gathered. This event is open to the public.
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!