Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Midweek Moment

Did you know that Jesus’ Last Supper was actually a Jewish Passover? This was the last meal our Savior shared with his closest friends before he was arrested, crucified, and died. This is the meal that we commemorate every month when we celebrate and participate in the Sacrament of Holy Communion. This meal is important.

Tonight, Ron McDevitt of Jews for Jesus will re-create the traditional Passover service and explain how it foreshadowed Jesus’ death and resurrection in a presentation called “Christ in the Passover” at 7 P.M. in our Sanctuary.

Ron will set a table with items traditionally used at the Passover meal and detail their spiritual significance. He will also explain the connection between the events of the first Passover in Egypt and the redemption that Jesus accomplished, as well as the deep bond between the ancient Passover feast and our Christian celebration of Holy Communion today.

Ron has also graciously agreed to answer a few questions afterwards and will bring a few items that will be available for purchase if you so desire. As a response and a way to say thank you for his presentation will collect a love offering to give him at the conclusion.

I had the opportunity to witness this presentation 10 years ago. I was so incredibly moved at what was shared with me. I remember sitting in that Sanctuary and thinking to myself how what that missionary was telling me made so much sense. The Passover meal really did foreshadow Jesus’ death and resurrection! I encourage and invite all of you to come and I pray you will all be as moved tonight as I was 10 years ago. Our God is an awesome God and is revealed to us in so many different ways. I am continually amazed at the ways I can see God in creation, in other people, and sometimes in the most mundane tasks. I hope you will come tonight and see God as you witness “Christ in the Passover”

Invite a friend and I hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment