1. Preaching Series - This Sunday we are continuing our preaching series entitled, Ashes to Fire, which we will be doing in conjunction with Belleview UMC. Ashes to Fire is an intentional journey with Jesus from Ash Wednesday through Holy Week and Easter and on to Pentecost Sunday - from penitence to praise to power. This Sunday we will look at the power that is found in God's grace and how that power was revealed in love of Jesus, based upon Luke 15:1-3, 11-32 and Psalm 32. I pray this time of reflection will be one that will draw you deeper into your faith journey as we look to the life of Christ and example of love that he modeled for us. I encourage you to invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. Spring Forward - Do not forget to set your clocks ahead one hour Saturday night before you go to bed. We would not you to miss a second of worship as we gather together! Rest well my friends!
3. Passover Seder - There is wonderful opportunity I want to tell you about! We have invited the group, Jews for Jesus, to come to Druid Hills to deliver their presentation, Christ in the Passover. During this wonderfully moving experience, missionary Ron McDevitt, will explain to us the Jewish background of Holy Communion and how all of this points to Jesus Christ as the Messiah. We will listen as Missionary McDevitt describes the ancient and modern Jewish customs with an emphasis on the redemption accomplished by Christ through His death and resurrection. This will take place on Wednesday, March 13th, at 7pm. The presentation will last about 45 minutes and will take place in the Sanctuary. We will also collect a love offering at the conclusion of the presentation. This is an exciting opportunity that I think you all will want to see! Invite a friend and I hope to see you all there!
4. Easter Tableau - It’s time to start thinking about the Easter Tableau, which will be on Thursday, March 28 and Friday, March 29. There will be sign-up sheets on the Connection Station beginning about the middle of February. Your help will be needed in the scenes and also making refreshments to help defray the kitchen costs. Each scene needs to have a coordinator, so if you would like to volunteer to be a coordinator for one of the scenes, please let us know. If you would like to assist in any of the various areas; such as scene set-up, costumes, make-up, sound, lighting, etc., please let us know. Please be in prayer for a successful 2013 Easter Tableau. If you have any questions, please contact Eunice Reid. Thank You!
5. Bible Study - We are in the midst of our Lenten Bible Study, 24 Hours That Changed the World. We will continue this class for the next three weeks as we look to the last day of Christ here on Earth and the events that surrounded that very important day. Next week we will spend our time looking at the crucifixion of Jesus. We meet each Thursday at 10 A.M. and 7 P.M., and you can pick either class to attend. There is a companion book available for $13, if you would like it. It is never to late join, all you need to do is show up. I hope to see you there!
Bonus Five: The month of March has five Sundays and you all know that anytime we have five Sundays in one month, Pastor Debbie and I swap pulpits. However, the fifth Sunday in March is Easter, and I want to be here with all of you on that very special Sunday. Therefore, we are going to switch this Sunday, March 10th instead. I hope you will come and be blessed by the sweet and gentle nature of Pastor Debbie as she guides you through this weeks message of Ashes to Fire.
Have a great weekend and I will see you soon!