1. Sermon Series - This Sunday we will conclude our series aimed at helping us expand our generosity from obligatory to extravagant. Bishop Schnase writes, "Giving helps us become what God wants us to be. God uses our generosity to reconfigure our interior lives, to create us anew, and to foster in us 'the mind that was in Christ Jesus.'" Over the past several weeks we have tried to connect the spiritual role of generosity to daily financial discipleship. This week we will look to all of this boils down to the heart. Invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. New Study Series - We have started our new study by Rev. Mike Slaughter, Dare to Dream. Have you ever wondered what your purpose is in this life? Have you ever struggled to discern what it is that God wants you to accomplish for the Kingdom?
Come and join us as we seek to answer these questions and more. Rev. Mike Slaughter has developed Dare to Dream to help people realize God’s dream for their lives, develop a mission statement based upon that dream, and then fully commit to the God-directed life mission they create. This class will be offered at 10am and again in the evening as part of our new FAD night, in the Fellowship Hall, each Thursday till June 5th. For more information and to sign up, please pick up a registration form in the narthex or click here. It is never too late to join!
3. F.A.D. Night - We are entering a new season at Druid Hills. We
have many new faces, many new children, youth and young adults and we
need a way to get to know each other as we grow together in our faith.
Therefore, we started this weekly program to help us in that endeavor.
We are calling it F.A.D. night, or Faith and Discipleship night, and it
is designed to unite multi-generations in fun and fellowship while
giving us the opportunity to grow in our faith.
Each Thursday from 5:30-7:30 pm, we gather to share a meal and then take
advantage of various opportunities, for all ages, to engage in
discipleship growth. We have had such a response from the congregation
we have been able to secure enough funds that we are discontinuing the
charge for the meal. If you would like to donate to this ministry for
the future, we would greatly appreciate your help.
There is choir for the children, youth group for the older youth and
Bible Study for the adults. We will also mix in special opportunities
throughout the year for us to do things as one large group, such as hear
from speakers and other ministries, and also times to celebrate special
milestones. One of the best ways for us to be all that God created us
to be is to know each other as well as we can. A life lived together is a
life lived for God. I hope you will make plans to be part of this
opportunity and come grow with us!
4. Mission Opportunity
- Last Sunday, our S.O.S. (Sisters of Soul) sponsored a “Kitchen Shower” to benefit Kids Central, Inc. Kids
Central develops & manages a comprehensive, community based system
of care for abused, neglected & abandoned children & their
families. Kids Central is committed to promoting the welfare of
expectant mothers, babies, children & young adults through
prevention services, in home care, foster care & adoption. When
children “age out” of the foster care system, Kids Central assists them
with setting them up in a place to live. There was such a turnout last week, they have decided to collect items for two more weeks. If you forgot your donation, want to make one, or even make another, there is still time to donate.
Your donation may be cleaning supplies like mops & buckets
& cleansers or other new kitchen items such as dishes, towels,
hotpads, pots & pans, glassware, etc. Thank you so much for your generosity and care as we seek to help and support this local ministry. All of us working together can
make a real impact in the life of another.
5. Graduation Day - We would like to honor those people from our church family who are
graduating from high school, trade school, vocational school, and/or
college. If you have a member
of your family that is taking that wonderful step in their life this
spring, please let the church office know so we can make sure to include
them in our celebration. You can call, 629-5688, or email by clicking here. Thank you!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday,