1. Sermon Series - This Sunday is Ascension Sunday and with that we will spend our time looking at the power of witness. The ascension of Christ is more than just an event or a sign to prove our faith. It is much, much more. Come and join us this week as we talk about what this can and does mean for us as believers. Invite a friend and I hope to see you there!
2. Annual Conference - June 11th-14th this year we will convene in Lakeland to conduct the business of the Florida Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. This will be a time of reflection, worship, thanksgiving, and discernment. I would ask that you would be in prayer for the people that are involved that we will be open the movement of the Holy Spirit and go as we are lead. This is an important time in the life of our church and having it steeped in a foundation of prayer will be vitally important.
3. 2014 Annual Conference Bishop's Offering - Every year the Bishop collects and offering at Annual Conference to help with our mission and ministry to the world. The year the offering will strengthen efforts to engage young adults in the mission of God and develop leadership skills both here and in Africa. Half of the donations will go toward scholarships for students at Africa University in Zimbabwe and half will help launch a new intern program for young adults willing to serve in selected communities in Florida. If you would like to donate to this offering please turn it in by June 8th. Thank you for your support of our efforts to engage the next generation in the mission of God and to develop leaders who have a heart for service.
4. YMCA Summer Day Camp - Beginning Monday, June 9th the YMCA Summer Day will return to our campus for another summer of learning and fun. Please be in prayer for this camp, the children, the counselors, and our church, that we can be a beacon of love, hope, and encouragement, and that God can use this opportunity to do mighty things within all the people involved. This is such a great opportunity and we are truly blessed to be able to be a part of it.
5. Graduation Day - We would like to honor those people from our church family who are graduating from high school, trade school, vocational school, and/or college. If you have a member of your family that is taking that wonderful step in their life this spring, please let the church office know so we can make sure to include them in our celebration. You can call, 629-5688, or email by clicking here. Thank you!
See you Sunday!