1. Sermon Series - This Sunday we will spend our time looking at our relationship to God. Many times we may wonder where God is, what God is doing, or if we matter to God. I love the fact that we serve a personal and intimate Creator. God is always with us, even we do not want God around. Come and join us this week as we talk our relationship to God and the role our attitudes and actions can play in that relationship.
2. New Study Series - We have started our new study by Rev. Mike Slaughter, Dare to Dream. Have you ever wondered what your purpose is in this life? Have you ever struggled to discern what it is that God wants you to accomplish for the Kingdom?
Come and join us as we seek to answer these questions and more. Rev. Mike Slaughter has developed Dare to Dream to help people realize God’s dream for their lives, develop a mission statement based upon that dream, and then fully commit to the God-directed life mission they create. This class will be offered at 10am and again in the evening as part of our new FAD night, in the Fellowship Hall, each Thursday till June 5th. For more information and to sign up, please pick up a registration form in the narthex or click here. It is never too late to join!
3. F.A.D. Night - We are off to a resounding start with F.A.D. Night. We are averaging 50 people each week and are having a blast spending time with one another. I want to encourage you to come and join us in this time designed to unite multi-generations in fun and fellowship while giving us the opportunity to grow in our faith.
Each Thursday from 5:30-7:30 pm, we gather to share a meal and then take advantage of various opportunities, for all ages, to engage in discipleship growth. We have had such a response from the congregation we have been able to secure enough funds that we are discontinuing the charge for the meal. If you would like to donate to this ministry for the future, we would greatly appreciate your help.
There is choir for the children, youth group for the older youth and Bible Study for the adults. We will also mix in special opportunities throughout the year for us to do things as one large group, such as hear from speakers and other ministries, and also times to celebrate special milestones. One of the best ways for us to be all that God created us to be is to know each other as well as we can. A life lived together is a life lived for God. I hope you will make plans to be part of this opportunity and come grow with us!
4. Mission Opportunity - Two weeks ago, our S.O.S. (Sisters of Soul) sponsored a “Kitchen Shower” to benefit Kids Central, Inc. Kids Central develops & manages a comprehensive, community based system of care for abused, neglected & abandoned children & their families. Kids Central is committed to promoting the welfare of expectant mothers, babies, children & young adults through prevention services, in home care, foster care & adoption. When children “age out” of the foster care system, Kids Central assists them with setting them up in a place to live. You have given so graciously to this endeavor and I am grateful. This is just a reminder that this Sunday is the last week to donate items for the shower.
Your donation may be cleaning supplies like mops & buckets & cleansers or other new kitchen items such as dishes, towels, hotpads, pots & pans, glassware, etc. Thank you so much for your generosity and care as we seek to help and support this local ministry. All of us working together can make a real impact in the life of another.
5. Graduation Day - We would like to honor those people from our church family who are graduating from high school, trade school, vocational school, and/or college. If you have a member of your family that is taking that wonderful step in their life this spring, please let the church office know so we can make sure to include them in our celebration. You can call, 629-5688, or email by clicking here. Thank you!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Sunday!